Saturday, July 16, 2011

Roasted Chickpeas

Roasted Chickpeas

A little experiment- I found this on a cooking website, and they turned out pretty good. It's a nice change up from roasted nuts for munching, and i kinda think they'd be good on salad.

SO- can of chickpeas rinsed really well, and patted dry. I then seasoned with a little olive oil and lots of garlic powder, a little kosher salt and added a little paprika for color- though that didn't really work out. Next time I'd nix that and add onion powder and maybe some dill.


Dumped it onto a cookie sheet (this one I lined with tin foil because it has been used for grain products before and some of my very gluten-sensitive buds can get sick from it.).



Baked at 450 for 30 min- but I think they would have been better a little crunchier- so next time I'll be adding ten min or so. But! they were still pretty darn good, and looked just great!

No comments:

Post a Comment